The first two weeks after your Periodontal Therapy are critical. Healing gum tissue is very susceptible to bacterial (germ) growth on the tooth roots. Your teeth need to be cleaned thoroughly twice daily, to keep the bacteria under control. (If plaque bacteria are left undisturbed for 24 hours, it forms a more tissue destructive bacteria family.)

Be careful eating until the anesthetic wears off (about an hour or so). You may rinse your mouth with warm salt water. Use 1 tsp. of salt, 5 oz. of warm water, stir well and swish around entire amount.
You may take Ibuprofen/Motrin for any tenderness that may follow the procedure. Your teeth may be sensitive to hot or cold. Over time this will usually improve, but to reduce this, use desensitizing toothpaste such as “Sensodyne™” or other toothpaste “for sensitive teeth”. Fluoride rinses are also beneficial in reducing the sensitivity

Please  call or contact our office if you have any further questions!?